Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day

Our desktop hates me so I am unable to post any pictures. I have my work laptop but I don't want to put any pictures on it...so it's all text until I can get my desktop to give me some love.

Todd's mother offered to watch the girls last Friday so we could go out for a Valentines date. We happily accepted her offer and went out to dinner and then played racquetball. Dinner was great and racquetball was too until I hit Todd in the face. It was one of my hardest swings too! Ahhh! I felt really bad because his nose swelled up and he was feeling the pain BUT he's a Bassett and he wasn't going to let a little pain stop him. That is until I hit him again ten minutes later. In the face! This time it knocked off his glasses and blood started to run down his face! He swears he would be blind right now in left eye if he didn't have glasses on! Sad to say at this point we cut our racquetball time short. Todd said he wanted to keep playing but I felt REALLY bad and I knew I would be scared to swing the racquet again that night. Then he had the nerve to say I have "no control over the ball" :) poor guy! Game of racquetball anyone?

On Valentines Day I made Adalyn pink heart waffles with a special heart waffle iron. She thought that was the cat's meow! Later that day we took her sledding. Todd has taken her sledding before but this was the biggest hill yet. Of course Todd takes her straight up to the top and they speed down. The first thing Addy said was "MORE!" She loved going on her belly. When it was my turn to take her I went to the edge where it was the smallest part of the hill and I wouldn't let us go on our bellies because it scared me! I never knew I was such a wimp. It has gotten worse since I've had kids. After I took her she wanted to go with her dad again because he was much more fun. All in all it was a nice and pretty low key VDAY. In other words...perfect.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I want to play raquetball!!! I haven't played since Hawaii...Oh my gosh!!! That was NINE years ago!! We are so OLD!!! Sometimes it feels like just yesterday...mmmm!

rsheedy said...

Um ya, that's why I avoid sports at all costs. Too much bleeding and death involved, lol.

ang said...

oh sounds like you had a fun day (minus the head injuries)!

Nathan and Esther said...

how fun! except for the hits in the face! I think I would have quit after getting hit just once! Where did you get that heart waffle iron?