Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 1st, 2012

  • What a week! Busy, busy, busy.
  • On Wednesday I took my 10 and 11 year old Activity Day girls up to Camp Jeremiah Johnson for our day camp. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was really fun! 21 girls ended up going, so it was a large group but I really enjoyed getting to know the girls better and the other women that helped drive up there. The girls got to use sling shots, shoot BB guns, take a mini trek, pan for gold, and practice archery among other things. I think they really had a great time.


  • Thursday was Brynn's Birthday! FINALLY! She had been waiting for this day for a whole year:) She woke up to tons of balloons all over her room. Then Dad took her to get a doughnut. The we got ready for her birthday party. 10 little buddies came over and we had lunch, played pin the tail, balloon games, and the Grand Prize bucket game. Then we ate cake and ice cream, opened presents, and gave out treat bags. The whole party was Tangled themed and Brynn loved every second of it. Once I realized how many kids were coming I hired a few of my Activity Day girls to help out, and I'm so glad they were able to come.
  • Attendee as the party were: Jane, Grant, Ellie, Dallin, Faith, 'Aisea, Matai, Eli, Sienna, Aliya, and of course Brynn, Addy, and Bodee.




  • After the party finished Brynn asked to go swimming. Grandma Bassett was kind enough to sit at our house with Bodee so he could sleep so I took Brynn and Addy swimming at the Legacy Center. It was fun without Bodee, just us three girls to play around. On the way home I let them pick out a treat at the gas station.
  • We met up with Dad after swimming and took Brynn to Build-A-Bear. Grandma and Grandpa Mosley sent Brynn a gift card for her birthday so she got to pick out whatever she wanted. She chose a dog she named "Doggie" and got him a leash and a house. She didn't want any clothes for him. She knew exactly what she wanted and we were not about to offer any suggestions.



  • For her Birthday dinner Brynn chose to go to Noodles and Co. Here she is with season 4 of Full House. My girls love that show and it makes me giggle that they like it so much:)
  • After dinner we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Bassett and Amy and Milo at Artic Circle for ice cream. Once we got there Brynn didn't even want anything but she loved opening the presents from Grandma and Grandpa.


  • Friday we met up with cousins at Seven Peaks. It was a nice, hot day to spend at the water park. Later on, Jane came over to spend the night. The girls played so nicely and had a fun movie night and decorated cookies. The next morning all the grand kids were in the Lehi City Parade riding on one of Grandpa's trucks from Gene Harvey Chevrolet. They got to throw candy out to all the people on the street. They really loved it! After the parade we met up with all the Bassetts at McDonald's for oh, about 2 hours:) Lovin' summertime!




1 comment:

sarimose said...

Jen, how fun! I love love love your blog posts!